Kentmere – Lakes MTB Day 2
8 people attending
2 places left
This is the 2nd of 5 mountain biking days in the lake District.
A Lakeland classic.
It's a very demanding day out with loads of pedalling.
This day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
For those camping, we aim to leave at 09:00 and then drive to the start of the ride
The Langdale Valley is an amazing location with many options of walks, climbs, rides and more from the campsite or within a short drive we can explorer further afield.
I'll be staying at the Great Langdale NT Campsite from the Tuesday afternoon which is a short walk to several pubs for the evenings but there are many other places to stay including the Old Dungeon Gill Hotel, New Dungeon Gill Hotel, Langdale Hotel, Elterwater Hostel, Baysbrown Campsite, Great Langdale Bunkhouse & more.
Please sign up to any MTB events you fancy as below:-
- Wednesday - Whinlatter
- Thursday - Kentmere
- Friday - Little Langdale
- Saturday - Borrowdale Bash
- Sunday - Parkamoor
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
You MUST complete the Participation Statement at https://outdoorlads.events/CyclingParticipation in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
Photos: Taken by event leaders and used by OutdoorLads with permission.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who has recently tested positive for Covid-19, is asked not to attend.
What to bring
- Your bike: This ride is off road and takes in some rocky/ steep descents. Because of this your bike needs to have front suspension, knobbly tyres and working (preferably disc) breaks.
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet on this event.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
If it's sunny remember sun cream.
Food & drink
We will be stopping for lunch en route. Please bring your own packed lunch as there are no shops or cafes. Bring plenty of water and snacks.