What is OutdoorLads
OutdoorLads runs a range of sociable outdoor activities aimed at the gay, bi and trans community right across the UK and further afield - activity based things like hiking, climbing, camping, biking, canoeing, scrambling, running and sailing, as well as purely social events.
We have three dedicated members of staff running our office, but it's important to recognise that everything else we do is done by one of our many, amazing volunteers.
Friendly and welcoming
Our events are friendly and typically people get stuck in to make sure we all have a good time. The event leader will know who is on their first event and will make a special effort to make you feel welcome.
Experienced, or novice, it doesn't matter
Whether you already have outdoors experience or want to try something new, whether you want to get fitter or just want to 'get out more', sign up for your first OutdoorLads event.
You’ll have a great time with friendly folks who all have a shared love of the outdoors.
What our members say
Every year we survey our members to ensure we're delivering on our promises
The latest survey was in August 2020, when the majority of our members said:
- OutdoorLads events are fun
- OutdoorLads events are friendly and welcoming
- OutdoorLads events, and the group overall, are professionally run
- OutdoorLads allows me to try new things
- I have made new friends though OutdoorLads
- I feel more energised and positive after an OutdoorLads event
- OutdoorLads provides positive role models for gay men
- I am proud to be a member of OutdoorLads
- I feel more part of a community
- I feel positive about the future
- I am fitter
We also ask our members what OutdoorLads has meant to them, and you'll find the things they have told us in response dotted around our website.
OutdoorLads has four values that we regularly assess ourselves against:
- Friendly and Welcoming - Whatever the event, and wherever it is, you will always find our guys to be friendly and welcoming. Whether you come with a friend, or on your own, you will be welcomed into the group and can make friends easily.
- Fun - We want everyone to muck in and have a laugh on our events. We might be walking in the rain, or camping in the cold, but there is always loads of fun on our events.
- Adventurous - Whether you are an expert or a novice you can find you own level of 'adventure' with OutdoorLads. Stretch yourself and you might be surprised by what you achieve.
- Professional - Our event leaders deliver consistently great events. You can be sure of good food, a friendly atmosphere, and leaders you can have confidence in - whatever skills the event requires.