Little Langdale Lakes MTB Day 3
11 people attending
1 place left
We will start the ride from the Campsite at 09:30. This is an easier ride today so we can recover from Kentmere!
The Langdale Valley is an amazing location with many options of walks, climbs, rides and more from the campsite or within a short drive we can explorer further afield.
I'll be staying at the Great Langdale NT Campsite from the Tuesday afternoon which is a short walk to several pubs for the evenings but there are many other places to stay including the Old Dungeon Gill Hotel, New Dungeon Gill Hotel, Langdale Hotel, Elterwater Hostel, Baysbrown Campsite, Great Langdale Bunkhouse & more.
Please sign up to any MTB events you fancy as below:-
- Wednesday - Whinlatter
- Thursday - Kentmere
- Friday - Little Langdale
- Saturday - Borrowdale Bash
- Sunday - Parkamoor
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
You MUST complete the Participation Statement at https://outdoorlads.events/CyclingParticipation in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
Photos: Taken by event leaders and used by OutdoorLads with permission.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. Read the NHS self-isolation guidance.
- OutdoorLads strongly encourages all attendees to take a rapid lateral flow test immediately prior to attending an event. This will help to keep everyone safe. Order free Rapid Lateral Flow Tests.
What to bring
- Your bike: This ride is off road and takes in some rocky/ steep descents. Because of this your bike needs to have front suspension, knobbly tyres and working (preferably disc) breaks.
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet on this event.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
If it's sunny remember sun cream.
Food & drink
Please bring enough food and drink for a long day out exerting yourself.