Glenlivet - Cairngorms MTB
10 people attending
2 places left
Blue is a 9km (5½ miles) blue grade route suitable for all.
Red is a 22km (14miles) red grade route with optional (and well marked) black grade technical features to keep the experienced rider alert.
Orange is the newest attraction is the orange freeride trail which opened in 2020. This popular proline singletrack trail is a fun filled 1km of jumps and berms, suitable for riders with good experience of free-ride trails
Biking events for the weekend
Saturday - Glenlivet - (intermediate level)
Monday laggan-wolftrax (experienced level)
Tuesday there will be some easy, local trail rides. Details to follow later
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Cycling Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
Photos: Taken by event leaders and used by OutdoorLads with permission.
What to bring
- A good quality mountain bike. Preferably full suspension, but hard-tails are fine.However, MTB tyres are a must.
- At least one spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump for your bike. Make sure it's the correct type and size. Plus any special tools your bike needs.
- Food - lunch, bring small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need flat soled trainers for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet to events. A full face helmet is highly recommended as are gloves, knee and elbow pads
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential additional warm clothing, water and an emergency snacks.
- A change of clothing, towel etc for when we finish as you'll probably be covered in mud when we finish!
Any questions, please ask the leader
Food & drink
Please bring enough food and drink for a long day out exerting yourself. There is a cafe at Glenlivet