Easter MTB - Dumfries 7 Stanes Ae - Day 4 of 4.
10 people attending
5 places left
Ae is a lovely village in Dumfries with an even more lovely mountain bike trail centre. We will be doing the 13.5km blue and 24km red routes which have excellent flowing descents with technical features on the red including drop offs and optional jumps. This is possibly the best trail centre of the 7 Stanes.
I will be staying at Solway View Campsite which offers space for camping, caravans and pods. This is conveniently located for all four mountain bike events around Dumfries.
Click the links below for:
Please note this ride is only suitable for experienced MTB riders.
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Cycling Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
What to bring
- A good quality mountain bike. Preferably full suspension, but hard-tails are fine.However, MTB tyres are a must.
- At least one spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump for your bike. Make sure it's the correct type and size. Plus any special tools your bike needs.
- Food - lunch, bring small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need flat soled trainers for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet to events. A full face helmet is highly recommended as are gloves, knee and elbow pads
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential additional warm clothing, water and an emergency snacks.
- A change of clothing, towel etc for when we finish as you'll probably be covered in mud when we finish!
Any questions, please ask the leader
Food & drink
Bring a packed lunch, snacks and plenty of water.