3 people attending
7 places left
Whinlatter is one of my favourite trail centres. Both red trails are fast and flowing with amazing downhill sections. The Blue trail is again an amazing ride which should not to be under estimated. The plan is to do the Blue trail, followed by the South Red and ending with the harder North Red. All trails start and end at the Trail Centre cafe so we can stop for refreshments between rides.
Want to make a weekend of it ?
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
You MUST complete the Participation Statement at https://outdoorlads.events/CyclingParticipation in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
Photos: Taken by event leaders and used by OutdoorLads with permission.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. Read the NHS self-isolation guidance.
- OutdoorLads strongly encourages all attendees to take a rapid lateral flow test immediately prior to attending an event. This will help to keep everyone safe. Order free Rapid Lateral Flow Tests.
What to bring
- Your bike: This ride is off road and takes in some rocky/ steep descents. Because of this your bike needs to have front suspension, knobbly tyres and working (preferably disc) breaks.
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet on this event.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
If it's sunny remember sun cream.
Food & drink
You will need enough food and drink for the ride
We will finish with a bite to eat in the cafe at the end of the ride.