4 people attending
4 places left
Penmachno is one of the the more natural feeling mountain biking circuits in North Wales. This day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
The car park where we will be meeting is most easily found by searching for "Penmachno mountain biking" on Google maps, which accurately displays its location. (The post code is not very precise)
This MTB event is one of two this weekend. If you're free on Sunday then why not join is on the Clwyds ride .
I will be staying in Betws - y - Coed that weekend so we can meet-up for drinks, food etc Saturday evening.
If the weather is bad then the ride will get postponed and I will look for another suitable date
Please note this ride is only suitable for experienced MTB riders.
Event images: All images were taken by the event leader and permission to use them is granted to OutdoorLads.
See all Off-Road Mountain Biking events
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Cycling Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
What to bring
- A good quality mountain bike. Preferably full suspension, but hard-tails are fine.However, MTB tyres are a must.
- At least one spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump for your bike. Make sure it's the correct type and size. Plus any special tools your bike needs.
- Food - lunch, bring small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need flat soled trainers for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet to events. A full face helmet is highly recommended as are gloves, knee and elbow pads
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential additional warm clothing, water and an emergency snacks.
- A change of clothing, towel etc for when we finish as you'll probably be covered in mud when we finish!
Any questions, please ask the leader
Food & drink
We will be stopping for lunch en route. Please bring your own packed lunch as there are no shops or cafes. Bring plenty of water and snacks.