Glentress MTB Bank Holiday Weekend (4 of 4) - BLUE trails
9 people attending
1 place left
Glentress Forest is a mountain biking centre deep in the heart of the stunning Tweed Valley. On Monday morning we're riding the Glentress Blue trails which will be a nice ending to a full MTB weekend, prior to the long drive home.
Just east of the small town of Peebles on the A72, some 30 miles South of Edinburgh in The Scottish Borders, Glentress Forest this year will undoubtedly be the highlight of this year's ODL MTB calendar.
Below are the links to the four days of extreme MTB in the Glentress area. The plan is to have two full days Saturday/Sunday and two half days on Friday and Monday as most will be travelling those days.
- Friday afternoon ride - Glentress Red
- Saturday - Glentress Black Trails
- Sunday - Innerleithen
- Monday morning - Glentress Blue
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
Want to keep in touch with what's going on in Scotland? Join our Telegram chat group and bookmark our upcoming events list via the short link: https://outdoorlads.events/scotland
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Cycling Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
What to bring
- A good quality mountain bike. Preferably full suspension, but hard-tails are fine. However, MTB tyres are a must.
- At least one spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump for your bike. Make sure it's the correct type and size. Plus any special tools your bike needs.
- Food - lunch, bring small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need flat soled trainers for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet to events. A full face helmet is highly recommended as are gloves, knee and elbow pads
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential additional warm clothing, water and an emergency snacks.
- A change of clothing, towel etc for when we finish as you'll probably be covered in mud when we finish!
Any questions, please ask the leader
Food & drink
Bring plenty of food, drink and snacks for the weekend. This is a long weekend camping event for those who wish to attend.