Cut Gate Path MTB
10 people attending
2 places left
This ride offers epic mountain biking and Peak District views in equal measure.
Watch out for Spitfires and Lancasters as we approach Ladybower reservoir. In the morning we will head out on the Cut Gate path to Ladybower reservoir where we can enjoy a picnic lunch or enjoy refreshments from the cafe. We will then continue round the upper two reserviours and back along the Cut Gate Path, for this is a route that is equally enjoyable in both directions.
Please note this event is for experienced mountain bikers only
Want to make a weekend of it ? then clink on the links for further details:-
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
You MUST complete the Participation Statement at https://outdoorlads.events/CyclingParticipation in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
Photos: Taken by event leaders and used by OutdoorLads with permission.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who has recently tested positive for Covid-19, is asked not to attend.
What to bring
Apart from your bike remember the following:.
- Your bike: This ride is off road and takes in some rocky/ steep descents. Because of this your bike needs to have front suspension, knobbly tyres and working (preferably disc) breaks.
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals. A Change of clothing is good idea as you'll probably get muddy on the ride.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet on this event. However a full Face helmet and pads are recommended for this ride.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
Food & drink
Bring a picnic lunch. There is an option to buy refreshments at the Ladybower cafe.