After-work Chopwell Woods Mtb ride
1 people attending
3 places left
? ? ?
On-demand: This event will go ahead as soon as there is three people attending (including the leader). The ride is frequently recurring to offer members more flexibility to join. Find other dates for this ride →
? ? ?
?Chopwell Woods, Gateshead
↔️ ~10 mile circuit ride (time in saddle <1.5 hours)
✅ Beginner's welcome! We'll only do trails everybody is happy with!
? Chopwell Woods is the local Mtb trail centre for Newcastle. It's most famous trail is the Powerline - a trail loved by beginners and pros. We'll incorporate this and and other popular trails into a nice little mid-day session.
See all Off-Road Mountain Biking events
Looking for LGBTQ+ mountain biking groups in the UK? Read our full guide on gay mountain biking groups
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Cycling Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who has recently tested positive for Covid-19, is asked not to attend.
What to bring
?♂️ For your own safety we're checking every participant's kit on the day. Therefore it's important that you bring all the below items, to avoid disappointment.
- A high quality, well maintained mountain bike
- Having performed an M check on your bike a week before the event (to give yourself a chance to sort any repairs if needed)
- A good quality helmet, ideally a full face helmet
- Knee pads, and gloves are highly recommended
- Different layers of clothing so you can adjust as the day goes on and you don't run too hot or cold
- Optionally, elbow pads if you want to push yourself safely
- Spares for your bike, i.e. spare inner tube, maybe a spare chain
Not sure about something? Just message the event leader.
Food & drink
? Bring at least 1ℓ of water
? Bring snacks