❄️Winter Hope Valley❄️ - Walk 2 The Great Ridge
31 people attending
4 places left
Second day of 2 day walks starting from YHA Edale in the Hope Valley. The Great Ridge sits on the Dark Peak - White Peak border and makes for a superb half day walk. This walk climbs up from Edale then embraces the full 4 mile long ridge before descending again. As would be expected from such a walk the views are stunning throughout.
Should you wish to stay over, the leader (Mrdabb) Dan is booked into the YHA Edale on Friday and Saturday nights. If anyone wants to join me, use the ODL or your YHA member discount and book yourself in too. (At time of writing, beds are £15-£25) but with discount will be cheaper.
The YHA have just put a new offer on with 25% off in January-March so if you are staying and haven't booked I'd use this code NY2018-001.
What to bring
It will probably be cold, make sure you have warm clothes
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good Mountain Foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seas
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)
At the end of the day if people are up for it we’ll have a drink if everyone’s up for it!