Whinlatter Forest MTB Trail
6 people attending
6 places left
Whinlatter is one of my favourite trail centres. Both red trails are fast and flowing with amazing downhill sections. The Blue trail is again an amazing ride which should not to be under estimated. The plan is to do the North Red, followed by the South Red and ending with the Blue . All trails start and end at the Trail Centre cafe so we can stop for refreshments between rides.
This day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
Why not make a weekend of it ? There is an ODL hostel event planned for this weekend, see here for details.
What to bring
Apart from your bike remember the following:.
- Spare inner tube and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring lunch and small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet events.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency snack.
Food & drink
There is a on-site Cafe , so either eat there or bring your own lunch. Please bring plenty of water and snacks. etc