Whinlatter Forest (half day) - Lakes MTB
4 people attending
6 places left
Whinlatter is one of my favourite trail centres. Both red trails are fast and flowing with amazing downhill sections. The plan is to do the North Red, followed by the South Red . All trails start and end at the Trail Centre cafe so we can stop for refreshments between rides.
This HALF day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
NB The local camping event which we can book onto will go live in April. I will message those signed up when it's live.
OutdoorLads Events Calendars
You can now go directly to our events calendar pages by bookmarking the follow links:
You MUST complete the Participation Statement at https://outdoorlads.events/CyclingParticipation in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
What to bring
- A good quality mountain bike. Preferably full suspension, but hardtails are fine.
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet to events. A full face helmet would be a good idea for those intending to descend quickly.
- Pads. Optional, but knee and elbow pads can stop a fall from ruining your day.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack (or panniers on your own bike) to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency snack.
Food & drink
There is a on-site Cafe, so either eat there or bring your own lunch. Please bring plenty of water and snacks. etc