West Sussex Social Beach BBQ and Games
23 people attending
2 places left
Back with a bang Goring Gap Beach BBQ and Games...
Celebrate summer with your ODL members new and old for first social in sussex of 2021....Hoorah
By its very name this beach lies in the gap between Goring and Ferring and is part of a long stretch of beach between Worthing and Littlehampton. The beach is pebble at high tide and then flat compact sand as the tide retreats. At the back of the beach there is a large area of grass.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- The main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a new continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of taste and/or smell.
- You may be subject to local lockdown restrictions, which you must fully comply with. Details of the location of these restrictions can be found here for England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- We do not encourage car sharing to events during the pandemic. Please comply with the safety travel guidance for England, Wales, and Scotland. Face coverings should be worn on public transport.
- OutdoorLads will support the tracing systems in place across the UK and attendance at an OutdoorLads event is considered permission to use contact details for this purpose if requested by the appropriate authority.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop. Remember: Face, Hands, Space.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed. Please bring any other PPE items required. Bring a disposable bag for any used PPE.
- Members are advised to bring their own small first aid kit for personal use..
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
Photo credits to martiebear free use for outdoorlads members.
What to bring
Bring Some warm clothes - unless we are blessed with a heatwave, sitting around on the coast in the evening can be cool. If it has been a warm day the sea can be very warm here and is shallow for swimming, so bring a towel and swimwear
Bring an optional folding camping or picnic chair, or a picnic rug etc
WHAT DON'T I NEED:
A BBQ - the leader will bring one and set it up, with fuel etc.
Food & drink
Some Food: perhaps things to share around, some salads or bread rolls etc., and something to cook on the BBQ. Something to eat it out of - eg a cheap dish from home, and cutlery.
Some drink: soft or hard but remember to bring a plastic cup if you are bringing wine.
Leader to bring the BBQ