Summer Camping and Beach in Branscombe Devon
30 people attending
0 places left
1 person waitlisted
This event, originally scheduled for 26 June 2020, then 25 Sept 2020 has been rescheduled to 25 June 2021 (dependent on government regulations at the time).
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. (If you have recently completed this, you do not need to complete it again.)
One of my personal favourite events. This is a great little campsite with sea views and a short walk to the beach. We can have barbys and campfires and can walk to a lovely village pub.
On Saturday we will be walking the coastal path to Sidmouth. En route we will stop on a secluded beach for a leisurely lunch and a paddle in the sea. In Sidmouth we can have a wander and an ice cream or beer ;)
There will also be something organised for Sunday.
The campsite whilst basic has everything we need to have a great time, including the option to go to the pub.
Dogs: Well behaved dogs are allowed on site when kept on a lead and upon payment of £2 per dog per night directly to the site on arrival.
Motorhomes, Campervans, Caravans: Welcomed, depending upon site availability and at additional cost. Please contact the OutdoorLads office on email@example.com or 0161 420 0001 to enquire.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed.
- Each person should only attend one OutdoorLads event a week. (Leaders excepted on events if they are leading.)
- On walks, one person to hold open gates and allow everyone to walk through – so minimising surfaces that multiple people touch.
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
What to bring
Your camping gear! Tent, mattress, bedding, pillow. Cooking stuff with utensils.
(Message the leader if you need advice on camping gear)
Remember , ear plugs , torch , eye mask .
Food and drink.
Clothing suitable for forecast weather taking into account the variable British weather.
For walking , walking boots, bag to cary water lunch, sun cream and any additional clothing , a towel for the beach .
Food & drink
You will need to provide your own food and drink for the weekend.
(Top tip - steak or salmon is great for a barby as it cooks quick and is reasonably safe)
There is a pub in the village with good food and a café on the beach where you can get sandwiches etc.
You will need to bring food and drink for the walk on Saturday , items can be purchased in the beach cafe en route.