South Downs Way 9
6 people attending
6 places left
The South Downs Way runs for around 100 miles through the South Downs National Park and follows the old routes and droveways along the chalk escarpment and ridges of the South Downs.
Today we'll be doing a western section of it through the Meon Valley to Petersfield.
This event is a Linear i.e. requires a bus trip to the starting point with a fare of around £4**
We'll be aiming for a fast pace, though there'll be breaks to enjoy the countryside too.
There are few opportunities to bail out onto public transport, so please ensure you are comfortable on hikes of around 18 miles.
** If you prefer to Car share/shuttle that's fine I can give you instructions a few days before.
Are very welcome to join us on this event but we do ask the following:
- Please appreciate the fact that not everyone is a dog owner or lover- especially when we stop to eat
- Please ensure you adhere to the Countryside Code at all times - see (Keeping Dogs Under Effective Control)
- If your dog is uncontrolled and strays in open land frightening other animals or livestock, the leader is supported by the OutdoorLads board of trustees to ask you to leave the event as this is not acceptable behaviour
- We cannot guarantee that this route is dog friendly - there may be styles to carry your dog across.
- This will be a long/tough walk....your dog needs to have the stamina to keep up with the group. This may be an issue if it's a hot day.....bring a bowl and water for him/her.
What to bring
Standard day walk kit
Food & drink
There will be no shops so bring plenty of food and drinks, I'll try find a re-fill spot but bring minimum of 2 litres.
We'll stop for 20 minute lunch and I'll add in a few 10 minute breaks on route.