Road to Wigan Pier and beyond
23 people attending
7 places left
Join Stephen on an easy 11 mile linear walk along a scenic part of the Leeds and Liverpool canal from Wigan to Burscough in Lancashire then a return train back to Wigan.
We will walk down to Wigan Pier and along the canal through Wigan's industrial heritage then into open countryside for the majority of the walk.
The highlights of the walk will be-
• Visiting the infamous Wigan Pier
• Going through Appley Bridge and Parbold
• The River Douglas Valley
• The West Lancashire plain
• Having drinks at one of the pubs in Burscough
• Then catch the train back to Wigan Wallgate from Burscough Bridge station. There are plenty of trains back to Wigan and beyond
What to bring
Bring waterproofs, sturdy boots and warm clothes
Food & drink
Bring a packed lunch and water- but there is an opportunity to buy food at the half point at Burscough