8 people attending
2 places left
Penmachno is one of the the more natural feeling mountain biking circuits in Great Britain. This day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
The car park where we will be meeting is most easily found by searching for "Penmachno mountain biking" on Google maps, which accurately displays its location. (The post code is not very precise).
On the previous day some of our members will have taken part in the Portmeirion 6th Trail Fell Run (a 6km cross country run), or maybe the Marin MTB Trail Ride and probably the North Wales social.
If you're interested in any of these other events please follow the links below for more details:
Saturday night social in Betws-y-Coed:
If you're interested in taking part in the fell run click here for more details: http://www.outdoorlads.com/event/6th-trail-fell-run-2018
If you're interested in taking part in the Marin MTB Trail ride click here for more details: http://www.outdoorlads.com/event/mtb-gwydyr-mawr-marin
What to bring
Apart from your bike remember the following:.
- Spare inner tube and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring lunch and small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet events.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency snack.
Food & drink
We will be stopping for lunch en route. Please bring your own packed lunch as there are no shops or cafes. Bring plenty of water and snacks.