Over the water to Sunderland Point (Lancashire)
23 people attending
7 places left
Join Stephen on a 7 mile walk in a little known part of Lancashire . Highlights of the walk will be-
- Walking through the small village of Overton and along Basil Point
- Walking on the tidal causeway to the village of Sunderland on the River Lune at low tide.
- Exploring the historical village which was a port before Liverpool was established.
- Strolling on the foreshore to Sunderland Point with views across Morecambe Bay
- A poignant visit to the grave of a young slave who was buried in the corner of a field rather than the graveyard (Sunderland had a strong connection with the early slave trade)
- When we finish you are welcome to join Stephen for post walk drinks en route back home at Snatchems http://www.snatchems.co.uk/
What to bring
Bring water proofs, sturdy boots and warm clothes as it will be quite exposed
Food & drink
Bring something for lunch and some water