Outdoor Climbing - Bamford Edge
6 people attending
2 places left
Join us for a days climbing on the fantastic Bamford Edge for more details check out the UKC Logbook
To attend this event, you will need to have attended an indoor (or outdoor) climbing event with OutdoorLads before, and be competent in tying in with a figure 8 knot, and Lead-Belaying a climbing partner. If you are unsure about the difficulty of the event, or whether you have necessary skills & experience, please message the event leader with your questions.
We will meet at 10:45am and go over arrangements for the day, walking up to the crag soon after, so please be on time or be prepared to make your own way to the crag if late.
Please note that this event is subject to change / cancellation depending on weather conditions so please check your messages in the days before the event for any message from the event leader, who will keep you informed of any changes.
DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY OF LEAD CLIMBERS, THE NUMBER OF SECONDER CLIMBING PLACES MAY NEED TO BE RESTRICTED AND THIS WILL BE DONE ON A FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED BASIS.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- The main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a new continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of taste and/or smell.
- You may be subject to local lockdown restrictions, which you must fully comply with. Details of the location of these restrictions can be found here for England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- We do not encourage car sharing to events during the pandemic. Please comply with the safety travel guidance for England, Wales, and Scotland. Face coverings should be worn on public transport.
- OutdoorLads will support the tracing systems in place across the UK and attendance at an OutdoorLads event is considered permission to use contact details for this purpose if requested by the appropriate authority.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop. Remember: Face, Hands, Space.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed. Please bring any other PPE items required. Bring a disposable bag for any used PPE.
- Members are advised to bring their own small first aid kit for personal use..
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
All Photo's (C) of S.Dennis with permission granted to OutdoorLads.
What to bring
Hand sanitiser and a face covering: whilst we are living with Covid-19, please bring your own to events to help keep everyone safe
Harness, Rock boots, Belay plate and Screw gate karabiner, and a Helmet. If you have ropes, and climbing gear, please do bring these too, but please check you're equipment if it's your first outing for a while.
You will need BOTH a helmet & harness & rock boots to climb.
Appropriate warm, preferably windproof, clothing will be needed. A waterproof jacket should also be bought in case of rain.
Sun lotion is best applied before leaving home, to avoid greasy hands on the crag.
It can be advisable to use insect repellent to help ward off the midges!
Food & drink
You will need a packed lunch, and drinks to last you the day as we will spend the day on the crag.