Midweek Walk - Chrome Hill & Parkhouse Hill
8 people attending
12 places left
A very interesting walk going up to very distinctive hills, the walk is relatively easy for those who have been on other ODL walks but there is some steep elevation up both hills. 11-12km in total with the highest peak of 425m.
A little bit of geology for you: Chrome and Parkhouse hills have a very distinctive formation, and are basically Reef Knolls – or in other words, huge mounds of mud held together by Polyzoa and Algae. Geologists say that its topography is pretty much the same as it was all the way back in the Triassic period, when it’s location was likely a few degrees south of the Equator.
What to bring
It will probably be cold, make sure you have warm clothes
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good Mountain Foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seas
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)
At the end of the day if people are up for it we’ll have a drink if everyone’s up for it!