Midweek Day Walk - Ingleborough
5 people attending
15 places left
At 724m Ingleborough is the second highest peak in the Yorkshire Dales, and is many people’s favourite due to its striking appearance. At the top are the ruins of a tower built in 1830 and destroyed the same year after its opening ceremony became a wild drunken affair.
Views include the Forest of Bowland, Morecambe Bay and Lake District.
The walk begins and ends at the pretty village of Ingleton, returning via Twiston Scars with fine views of Inglebrough across the River Doe.
What to bring
It will probably be cold, make sure you have warm clothes
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good Mountain Foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seas
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)
At the end of the day if people are up for it we’ll have a drink if everyone’s up for it!