Marin Trail MTB
8 people attending
7 places left
Slight change to the original plan, instead of Penmachno, a slight detour to the Marin Trail instead. This day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
Parking is easy enough to find - see the meeting point details below.
On this Saturday ODL have two events running concurrently - this ride and also participation in the annual Betws-y-Coed Trail Challenge run. In addition on the evening we have the ODL North Wales Social. Please follow the links below for the details of the other events.
Details of the trail run and the social can be found by following the link below:
Trail Run: Betws-y-coed Trail Challenge
North Wales Autumn Social in the Stables Bar (Y Stablau) in Betws-y-Coed.
This MTB event is one of two this weekend. If you're also interested in taking part in the Clwyds ride on the Sunday, click here for more details:
Clwyds MTB: Ride the Clwyds of North East Wales
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Cycling Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending a cycling event.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. Read the NHS self-isolation guidance.
- OutdoorLads strongly encourages all attendees to take a rapid lateral flow test immediately prior to attending an event. This will help to keep everyone safe. Order free Rapid Lateral Flow Tests.
What to bring
Apart from your bike remember the following:.
- Spare inner tube and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring lunch and small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet events.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency snack.
Food & drink
We will be stopping for lunch en route. Please bring your own packed lunch as there are no shops or cafes. Bring plenty of water and snacks.