Lockdown Release Evening in the North York Moors
10 people attending
2 places left
This event was planned pre-lockdown. To meet the current micro event requirements, on arrival participants will be immediately split into two groups of six, with staggered start time, and will not meet on the walk.
After weeks and weeks of lock down, Stay in Less, and GET OUT MORE in the Moors! Socially distanced, of course!
This summer evening walk will be a fantastic reintroduction to the outdoors. Nothing strenuous, and if we can still keep a good distance between us all.
This will be a circular walk from a North York Moors village, gently rising up onto a 'Rigg'. This is a Norse term frequently seen in the Moors, denoting a ridge - not necessarily precipitous, just allowing great views. We should be accompanied by the summer moorland birds, including lapwings, curlews and sky larks, with great views of one the Moors' dales, and some rocky outcrops for some great photos. We will cross the Rigg and return with excellent views on a second Moors dale, gently descending towards our start point. There is a pub towards the end - there might be an opportunity for a drink outside on the green IF rules allow.
All photos courtesy of the leader, for use any time by Outdoorlads.
Micro Events – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop.
- Please join events within around one hour’s travel from your home, rather than travelling longer distances to get there.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Public transport use to the start point is discouraged, as this is a non-essential journey. No car sharing to the start point unfortunately either.
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice.
- Each person can only attend one OutdoorLads micro event a week. (Leaders to leave at least three days between events they lead.)
- On walks, one person to hold open gates and allow everyone to walk through – so minimising surfaces that multiple people touch.
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
Micro Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads micro event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our micro events.
What to bring
Decent footwear, preferably waterproof, with a spare layer (ideally waterproof in case of rain).
Food & drink
You may want to bring some water and snacks.