Late Starters: Big Spring Hike Challenge
2 people attending
18 places left
11 of us have made a great start. If you want in you can join on any Monday to compete for the weekly distance challenge.
What's it about?
We've teamed up with Llanberis Mountain Rescue to bring you our first charity fundraiser. Get your boots on and join in the challenge that will inspire you to #GetOutMore stay healthy and compete in the name of good causes.
The idea is to hike as many miles as possible local to where you live on your own or with 1 other person (if legally permitted) and compete to do the most miles each week for the 3 months of the event duration. We'll keep score and announce the weekly and the overall distance winner.
This is the very first fundraising event so let's make it a success and we can plan a variety of future events to keep life interesting and do some good in this world.
How it works
1. Join this event in the usual way.
2. Register on the event with Virgin Money Giving http://virginmoneygiving.com/fund/outdoorladsbigspringhike
3. Download the "Map my run" app from Under Armour (message me your profile and you'll be invited to join a group).
4. You will be invited to join a Facebook group to share encouragement, healthy competition, selfies, views, etc.
5. Get hiking! Keep track of your progress on the app.
Weekly distance winners and cumulative total champions will receive fame and glory!
6. Share your endeavour over your own social media to encourage friends and family to donate.
Everyone who takes part gets an event t-shirt but the real reward is in taking part and supporting the OutdoorLads community through a shared challenge. Have fun and #GetOutMore
The net proceeds of this event will be divided 50% to the Llanberis Mountain Rescue charity and 50% to maintain the financial sustainability of Outdoorlads so that our admin team can support future events.in these challenging times.
Get in touch
New Event Notifications & Calendars
If you'd like to hear about other Stay In More events as they go live then you can subscribe to our Social Media & Instant Messenger channels by clicking the links below:
We also have regional Member Forums setup to help members keep in touch and request/offer assistance as needed. See the full list of forums & notification channels available at OutdoorLads.events/NotificationsMobile.
What to bring
Food & drink