Kayaking on the Quays - British Canoeing 1 Star FULL DAY
6 people attending
2 places left
- Our kayaking events in Manchester are back! Cool off on the water in the heart of the city's striking Salford Quays at the rebranded Helly Hansen Watersports Centre.
This FULL DAY event is ideal for absolute beginners and Lads wanting to refresh their kayaking skills. You'll have two three-hour sessions on the water with lunch in between and by the end of the day you'll be assessed for the British Canoeing 1 star award*.
If you don't have a whole day free then have a look at our shorter sessions running throughout the spring and summer.
Keep these CONFIRMED kayaking dates in your diaries:
- Saturday 22nd April - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 20th May - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 17th June - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 8th July - 10am-5pm (FULL DAY 1 Star course)
- Saturday 29th July - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th August - 10am-5pm (FULL WEEKEND - 2 Star course)
- Saturday 23rd September - 10am-12noon
* A £5 certificate fee is payable directly to the watersports centre on successful completion of the course.
What to bring
All equipment will be provided including wetsuits, bouyancy aids and helmets.
Footwear is essential so either bring an old pair of trainers that you don't mind getting wet or wetsuit boots if you have them.
Hot showers are available (and recommended if you've been in the water!) so bring a towel and shower gel/shampoo, etc. You'll also need a 20p piece for the lockers which is not returned.
Food & drink
You'll need a packed lunch. After we've dried off, we'll be heading next door to the Quay House Beefeater pub for food and a pint for those that need some refreshments!