8 people attending
4 places left
A chance to get out into the West of the Brecon Beacons for a day's walking.
As ever, things may change depending on weather, but the plan so far is to go for a walk taking in the peaks of Cefn y Culchau, Carreg Las, Bannau Sir Gaer and Foel Fraith. It's looking to be around 20km with a fair few peaks and valleys in there.
This ties in with another walk on Saturday 17th October. If you're keen to stay in the area for an evening, please feel free to get in contact and I should be able to give some ideas.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- The main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a new continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of taste and/or smell.
- You may be subject to local lockdown restrictions, which you must fully comply with. Details of the location of these restrictions can be found here for England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- We do not encourage car sharing to events during the pandemic. Please comply with the safety travel guidance for England, Wales, and Scotland. Face coverings should be worn on public transport.
- OutdoorLads will support the tracing systems in place across the UK and attendance at an OutdoorLads event is considered permission to use contact details for this purpose if requested by the appropriate authority.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop. Remember: Face, Hands, Space.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed. Please bring any other PPE items required. Bring a disposable bag for any used PPE.
- Members are advised to bring their own small first aid kit for personal use..
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
To comply with Welsh guidance, all attendees will be required to confirm their truthful agreement to the below statements at the start of the event. Please do not travel to the event if you are unable to agree to the below:
- I do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 (new persistent dry cough, fever, loss of taste or smell)
- I have not had a positive test for COVID-19 or onset of symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. (Individuals who have completed their period of isolation (10 days) and have no remaining symptoms (other than a dry cough or loss of taste or smell which can last for some time) may return to normal activities)
- No member of my household has had symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- I have not been contacted by a contact tracer from the Test, Trace and Protect Programme and told to isolate in the last 14 days as a contact of someone with confirmed COVID-19
- I have not returned from a country outside of the UK in the last 14 days, other than those on the exempt list (https://gov.wales/exemptions-self-isolation-coronavirus-covid-19-html)
Please note: People living in English Tier 2 and Tier 3 areas must NOT travel to any part of Wales to attend events.
What to bring
We'll be at the start of the winter season, so poor weather is to be expected therefore it is ESSENTIAL that everyone has a decent waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers along with study walking boots and spare warm clothing.
Food & drink
We will be out in the wilds of the Brecon Beacons throughout the day, so it's important that you bring your own packed lunches and water for the day (I would suggest a minimum of 2ltrs).