Edale - Kinder Scout - Optional Accommodation
13 people attending
7 places left
An entertaining hill-walk combining alternative Pennine Way routes. Clambering up a deep clough, the route navigates the maize of peat channels on the Kinder plateau to arrive at Kinder Downfall, before returning via the plateau edge and an old pack-horse route with a stepped path (Jacob’s Ladder).
Due to the time of year PLEASE ensure you have the adequate kit, Kinder Scout can be pretty wild at times and it's not a place you want to get cold or wet.
I'll be staying in the YHA in Edale (which is also the walk start location) on the Friday & Saturday night so feel free to join. We'll meet in the lounge area at 7pm each evening with more info nearer the time. Possibly if other leaders join we can do alternative routes. there are several discount codes around that will get you up to 15% off.
What to bring
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good mountain foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seeds
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)
At the end of the day we’ll have a drink if everyone’s up for it!