Cardiff Indoor Climbing
4 people attending
2 places left
This event is ideal for ideal for people of all abilities, who have climbed before and have their own harness and climbing shoes.
If you do not have your own harnesses and shoes; a few are available to rent on a first come, first served basis.
If you have not climbed before and are very keen to climb, please contact the event leader; it is not easy to put on a harness or tie knots for the first time whilst maintaining social distance; however if you have the inclination, we have the patience.
We will be doing roped, unsupervised route climbing; we will not be doing bouldering.
We will be maintaining social distancing, we will be regularly applying hand sanitizer, we will be wearing face coverings at all times; except when climbing, when face coverings are optional.
Please arrive at the climbing centre wearing your climbing clothing, there are no changing room facilities.
The climbing centre rules are regularly changing as experience is being gained and as regulations and guidelines change.
To come along, you will need to sign up on this OutdoorLads event page.
You will also need to register with "Boulders" before travelling to the climbing centre, this link may work https://bouldersuk.com/ and select Cardiff East
You will also need to book and and pay for the 19:00 Cardiff Unsupervised Route Climbing Slot before travelling to the climbing centre, this link may work
For entry fee prices at the centre, also go to https://bouldersuk.com/ and select Cardiff East
If it's your first time climbing at Boulders with Covid rules in place, please message the event leader a few days before the event and we will arrange to meet in the car park next to the entrance at 18:50 and sign in together.
Please do contact the event leader with any questions (by clicking on his name, next to his photo above and sending a private message)
Photo Credits: All photos taken by Paul Ridealgh; permission is granted to OutdoorLads for further use.
Climbing and Bouldering Participation statement
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not necessarily qualified, do not need to be qualified, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as ‘technical experts’ but are amateur climbers with experience and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
All those attending the event must also be aware of the centre's own terms and conditions of participation and abide by them, along with any instructions given by the centre's staff. Everyone must also take responsibility for their own safety while participating in Indoor climbing events.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- The main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a new continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of taste and/or smell.
- You may be subject to local lockdown restrictions, which you must fully comply with. Details of the location of these restrictions can be found here for England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- We do not encourage car sharing to events during the pandemic. Please comply with the safety travel guidance for England, Wales, and Scotland. Face coverings should be worn on public transport.
- OutdoorLads will support the tracing systems in place across the UK and attendance at an OutdoorLads event is considered permission to use contact details for this purpose if requested by the appropriate authority.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop. Remember: Face, Hands, Space.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed. Please bring any other PPE items required. Bring a disposable bag for any used PPE.
- Members are advised to bring their own small first aid kit for personal use..
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
To comply with Welsh guidance, all attendees will be required to confirm their truthful agreement to the below statements at the start of the event. Please do not travel to the event if you are unable to agree to the below:
- I do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 (new persistent dry cough, fever, loss of taste or smell)
- I have not had a positive test for COVID-19 or onset of symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. (Individuals who have completed their period of isolation (10 days) and have no remaining symptoms (other than a dry cough or loss of taste or smell which can last for some time) may return to normal activities)
- No member of my household has had symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- I have not been contacted by a contact tracer from the Test, Trace and Protect Programme and told to isolate in the last 14 days as a contact of someone with confirmed COVID-19
- I have not returned from a country outside of the UK in the last 14 days, other than those on the exempt list (https://gov.wales/exemptions-self-isolation-coronavirus-covid-19-html)
What to bring
Best to bring your own climbing harness and shoes. The centre has a few to hire on a first come, first served basis (which is far from ideal)
There are cubby holes at the centre where your belongings can be stored.
What to Wear
Wear what you will be climbing in, on the way to the centre; no changing rooms are available. It is best to wear either shorts, combats or tracksuit bottoms. Avoid tight fitting clothing which hampers movement. A t-shirt or vest is also suitable.
Any jewellery such as rings, watches, chains or bangles should be removed before beginning the session to prevent injury.
Food & drink
There is a cafe at the centre where snacks can be purchased - Cashless.