BIG South Christmas 2021!
34 people attending
26 places left
Join us for our South BIG Event! We will be having a truly memorable OutdoorLads Christmas!
This event promises lots of fun activities, Christmas Dinner to die for, Secret Santa, entertainment to leave you rolling - and a starry setting among friends, rolling countryside and song, to remember the true spirit of Christmas. Oh and bring your most festive / scary Xmas jumper!
There will be a selection of walks - ranging from gentle and pretty through challenging and scenic. A chance to visit rivers and canals, Neolithic vistas such as Avebury and Stonehenge a short journey away, or just stroll the woods and vales so abundant to this area. We are in excellent cycling country, with some beautiful routes both on and off road. There is also activities such as brewery tours and Devizes castle.
We may even have a zumba session in the afternoon! Followed by an evening of board games, a disco and of course munching on dinner leftovers and nattering on all things. So there will be a number of activities with something to tempt everyone!
The high point of the weekend will of course be the unrivaled three course Christmas dinner, a welcome feast at the end of a long day out and about! We have use of a large dining hall, liberally decorated in the brightest of Xmas themes, so bring your best festive jumpers!
Step out the front door and you're guaranteed a good day out... but you may find it hard to leave the welcoming lounge of comfy arm chairs and the great OutdoorLads festive cheer!
Dogs: Sorry, this event is not suitable for dogs.
- Multi-activity event (high and low ropes, zip line, climbing) - click the link to sign up now!
- Afternoon stroll (timed for those on the multi-activity event to take part.)
- A long day walk
- Shorter stroll
- Brewery and Castle visits in town
Christmas is the time for sharing, so if driving to the event please consider offering spare seats to other members heading the same way. See below for further details.
Images: ODL Members (various inc Simon H & Paul R) and Braeside Centre courtesy of Braeside Education
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- OutdoorLads’ Covid-19 Policy for hostel and BIG events applies to this event. On arrival, we will need to see evidence that you are fully vaccinated, or have registered a negative lateral flow test in the last 48 hours, or have Covid-19 antibodies. Evidence of this can be obtained via the NHS App in England, with equivalent schemes available in Wales and Scotland. Our full policy and more details can be found here.
What to bring
You will need a towel, washing kit and clothes to wear about the hostel. Bedding is provided but it is always nice to have your own pillow. You will need the equipment and clothing you would normally take on an event, for example if walking: boots, waterproofs, warm clothing, bag and food and water bottle.
Please bear in mind that this is a wooded area and the weather here can be unpredictable. It could be very cold and windy or mild and sunny! So pack for worst and hope for best.
If you are unsure about anything please message the Event Leader.
Don't forget a gift for the Secret Santa - this should be wrapped and to the value of about £5 - and an Xmas top for Saturday evening!
Food & drink
Friday night: We will be cooking up an easy meal which will be available throughout the evening.
Saturday breakfast: A mixture of pastries, cereals, bread and fruit.
Saturday lunch: Please bring a packed lunch.
Saturday dinner: Our famous OutdoorLads Christmas dinner!
Sunday breakfast: A mixture of pastries, cereals, bread and fruit.
Tea & coffee: Included throughout the weekend.
Other drinks: You will need to bring any other drinks you might want for the weekend.