Any Rider, Any Bike - Sheffield
7 people attending
5 places left
A leisurely social bike ride along the River Don and out to Rother Valley Country Park. This event is around 23 miles with an optional pub stop at the end.
There will also be a social in Sheffield in the evening, which you can book onto and make a day or weekend of it!
We’ll be cycling along cycle tracks, bridleways and quiet suburban roads (as much as possible). This event is open to cyclists of all abilities and bike types. This is Sheffield so there will be a couple of hills. We have plenty of time to complete the route and we will take it at a relaxed pace. We will stop for lunch at Rother Valley Country Park, where there will be an opportunity to purchase drinks and snacks at the cafe.
Road cyclists: Please be aware some paths might be a little rough and bumpy for thin tyres, but doable none the less.
Mountain bikers: As much as possible we will try and keep off roads. Some navigation on-road will be unavoidable.
Don't forget to bring warm clothing, waterproofs if rain is likely, and a bike lock.
Want to hear more about what we're up to? Then join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/OutdoorLadsCycling
What to bring
Your will need a bike. Any bike should do, so long as it's in reasonable working order.
Apart from your bike you may want some of the following:
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring small snacks such as biscuits, energy bars or gels, bananas, chocolate or dried fruit is great too
- A cycling bottle attached to your bike and plenty of water
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs.
- Footwear - Appropriate to your bike
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet.
- Bag - Not essential, but if the weather is likely to be changeable or you wish to carry supplies and clothing, a small ruck sack or pannier bags attached to your bike could be very useful. We don't want you getting cold or wet.
- Sun cream - you just never know with the UK weather!
- Bike lock - Keep your bike safe if we go for a drink
Food & drink
Please bring water, a packed lunch and snacks. There will be an opportunity to purchase drinks and snacks at Rother Valley Country Park.