A Week In The Dolomites
0 people attending
12 places left
We ran this trip in 2019 and people loved it, so here it is again!
All climbers come here at least once in their life, Reinhold Messner was born here and Corbusier called them the most beautiful buildings in the world. Come and spend a week exploring the spiky towers of Italy's most enchanting mountains.
The walking here is exceptional and we will be tackling the best this region has to offer. Our 5 hiking days will be thrilling, breathtaking, challenging; hard mountain days that may take you out of your comfort zone at times. If you have no previous experience of mountain walking, this is probably not the trip for you.
2019 stats: 5912m of vertical ascent. 102.6km walking distance. 4* Hotel with spa.
Our adventures are based in the stunning 4* Mountain Design Eden Eco Hotel in the small town of Selva http://www.edenselva.com/en/ where we will enjoy half board in comfy twin rooms (2 sharing). Lunches will be your own responsibility along with any evening entertainments.
Each day there will be a strenuous mountain day-hike on offer - you can come on as many or as few of them as you please. We will explore the Puez Odle National Park, circle the Sassolungo and venture into the central massif, the Sella Group. We'll discover the split personality of the area too; it's not quite sure whether it's Italian or Austrian!
Selva is in the Val Gardena with easy access to fabulous walking, facilitated by the excellent network of cable cars and buses in the area.
The trip includes 5 full days of guided walking with IML qualified guide Susie Amann, 6 nights in a 4* hotel in twin share rooms, 6 breakfasts and 6 dinners.
What is not included is return flights to Italy, lunches, local transport (eg cable cars), evening entertainment (eg drinks) and travel insurance that covers you for mountain walking.
Cost £1395 per person. This is payable directly to me on behalf of outdoor collective Rough Edge, and not to OutdoorLads. £395 deposit is payable with your booking which will secure your place. The balance will be payable 8 weeks before we leave for Italy. (Friday 3 July 2020). If the event list is full and you join the waitlist for this event, you will also need to pay a deposit; please also contact me by private message.
Bookings and Deposits
The full price of this trip is £1395.
How to book:
1. Please pay a £395 deposit direct to me with your surname and initial in order to identify the payment:
- J Cornley
- Sort Code: 07-08-06
- Account: 00051494
2. Message me with your full name and email address.
3. Book onto the trip on the OutdoorLads site.
On receipt of your deposit, we will send you a confirmation email with more information. Once eight people have paid a deposit the trip will be guaranteed. If you cancel after the trip has been confirmed and bookings have been made in Italy you will lose your deposit. Deposits are fully refundable until the trip is guaranteed.
The small print:
- This trip is organised as a private arrangement between the participants and Rough Edge, the adventure collective that I run, with a minimum of 8 people needed to run the trip.
- The walking is led by Susie Amann, IML,
- Cost calculations have been made with the exchange rates prevailing in November 2019. If there are dramatic changes in the £/Euro exchange rate, there may need to be a supplement.
- Please be aware that it is the booking and your deposit that secures your place on the trip or waiting list, rather than booking onto the trip via the Outdoorlads site, although you must book onto the trip here on the Outdoorlads site too.
- Full trip details including kit lists, airport recommendations and travel tips will be sent out with your booking confirmation, which follows receipt of your deposit. All bookings and deposits must be paid by 31 March 2020. (We suggest you do not book your transport until the trip has been confirmed; if you do so, it will be at your own risk.)
- For clarity; the standard OutdoorLads refunds policy does NOT apply to this trip; instead, the arrangements with the third party provider set out above apply.
A little about Susie
Susie Amann is a qualified International Mountain Leader who has loved journeys in the mountains since she did her first 'expedition' on the Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme aged 14. Since then she has spent 30 years exploring on all five continents and has a taste for deserts as well as mountains. Susie has been leading trekking groups since 2005; in the Alps and Dolomites, as well as the UK and further afield : India, Nepal, Cuba, Jordan, Peru, Bolivia and more. She enjoys learning about the local culture wherever she is, especially food & drink, with cake as a specialist subject.
A little about John
I am a mountain leader in the UK and I'm involved in a small outdoor collective called Rough Edge. I have 12 years experience in OutdoorLads and I love it very much. I am excited to be leading this adventure week on behalf of OutdoorLads, with Susie as our organiser and guide.
What people said who came last time…
'I did the most challenging walks of my life, but it was genuinely really empowering, so a huge thank you'
'Great walks, good hotel, fantastic location. John was highly entertaining and Susie an excellent guide'
'Beautiful area to hike in. Nice people. John put a lot of effort in to making sure we all got as much as possible out of the week both before and during the week. Susie (the hiking guide) led the hiking well'
'Huge thanks for an amazing week, Suzie's encouragement fab tips and support really made a huge difference'
What to bring
Further details will be provided upon booking and paying your deposit.
Food & drink
Six breakfasts and six dinners are included - you'll be responsible for all other food and drink, including lunches.