Preston Stomp and a Chomp
19 people attending
11 places left
Join Stephen for a day out in the city Preston in Lancashire.
Highlights of the Day out will be
- A guided 8 mile stroll from the railway station (The Stomp)
- Stephen will provide a running commentary about the history of Preston and information about the places we will visit
- We will visit Miller Park then
- Walk by the River Ribble to the Docks
- Do a circuit of Preston Docks and Marina
- Back along the river and cross the river into Penwortham and follow the old railway routes
- Cross back over to visit Avenham Park; Winckley Square and the Harris Museum
- We will finish at the Flag Market at about 16:00
2. Food and drinks (The Chomp)
- We will then visit the Black Horse for some post walk drinks.
- If you are up for it-
- Go to Wetherspoons for some food
- Then a guided tour of some nice pubs en route back to the railway station - aiming to finish at 21:00.
- The pubs Stephen plans to visit are
- The Plau , a recently renovated pub with a rediscovered well in the basement
- The Orchard Bar - micro brewery bar in the revamped market hall
- The Guild Ale House - another new pub in a renovated Georgian building with a good selection of ales
- The Otter's Pocket - yet another new micro brewery bar.
What to bring
As it will be early November then wear something warm , bring waterproofs-
The whole route is paved , ie no mud !
No need to wear your normal walking outfit
But wear some sturdy boots as walking on hard surfaces can be tiring
Food & drink
Bring some food for lunch and some water , we may stop for a tea/coffee at a cafe en route