The Last Friday Night Pub Quiz!
45 people attending
10 places left
Scared your Friday night is going to be more dull than usual?
Craving some communication with the outside world?
After a fix of mental stimulation?
Then we think we might have the answer to your lockdown dilemma!
Join quiz-master Peter for our social-distancing Pub Quiz so convincing, you'll forget you're in your living room.
Using ‘ZOOM’ we will be coming together to answer questions using ‘Kahoot!’ - an online quizzing platform.
Meet at 7.15pm at ZOOM (using the code you’ve been sent: (in your messages!)
The quiz will begin at 7.30pm – all problems will have been ironed out by this time!
You’ll need to log in to: https://zoom.us
Each round will be played on Kahoot! You will see a PIN for each round to type in using the following link: https://kahoot.it/ in the shared screen on ZOOM each round.
All we ask is that you keep the same name throughout as I’ll be keeping a running total in-between each round! You will need 2 devices to play. A device to access hangouts and a device to play. This can be 2 x laptops, or laptop and iPad. (phone/ipad) etc.
THE LINK TO THE ZOOM CHAT WILL BE MESSAGED TO YOU ON THE DAY
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE QUIZ
- We are now using ZOOM!
- Teams are to be no bigger than 6 AND PLEASE keep your same names throughout! You can of course play individually!
- If you are playing as a team (together in your house/in different locations), only one of you open the Kahoot! (https://kahoot.it) screen to answer with - mute your mics and talk on your own video chat to answer your questions as a group (or we will all hear your chats!). YOU WILL ALL SEE THE SAME QUESTIONS IN THE SHARED SCREEN IN THE VIDEO CHAT. Ideally, pick a captain to write/do the answers.
- Some of the questions are multiple choice and some you have to write in the answers.
- Make sure that you can log onto ZOOM - Meeting number will be given (I had to update my browser for this to view the video screen part BUT we are starting from 7.15pm giving everyone 30 minutes before we start to get to grips with this.) I envisage us to be finished by 9pm.
- When you log in, you need to create a split screen on your laptop. One with ZOOM on one side and one with Kahoot! on the other
- I will screen share my screen into the Zoom chat. In doing this you will all be able to see my questions. On the other side are where you will answer your questions. Only you will see this.
- Make sure your mic is muted! This is really important so that you can all then be on your Houseparty/Skype etc. conversations on your devices and talk through/share your answers.
- You have 60 seconds to answer each question.
- The faster you answer the question, the higher the points!
- Don't forget the booze!
- Please don't be overwhelmed by the bullet points. As long as you are in the ZOOM group at 7.15pm all creases can be ironed out!
What to bring
Two devices, either phones or laptops.
Food & drink