The Cut Gate Path - MTB
2 people attending
8 places left
This ride offers epic mountain biking and views in equal measure. Watch out for Spitfires and Lancasters as we approach Ladybower reservoir. In the morning we will head out on the Cut Gate path to Ladybower reservoir where we can enjoy a picnic lunch or enjoy refreshments from the cafe. We will then continue round the upper two reserviours and back along the Cut Gate path, for this is a route that is equally enjoyable in both directions.
Please note this event is for experienced mountain bikers only
This is one of two MTB events this weekend, if you're also interested in taking part in the Gisburn ride on Saturday, click here for more details:
What to bring
Apart from your bike remember the following:.
- Puncture repair kit (or better still a spare inner tube) and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy and common sense asks you to wear a helmet to events.
- Gloves - moutain bike gloves offer comfort and protection, highly recommended.
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency snack.
Food & drink
Bring a picnic lunch. There is an option to buy refreshments at the Ladybower cafe.