Christmas wandering in medieval Conwy
12 people attending
8 places left
It's Christmas! Well... almost, still a day or so until the big day, so why not take a break from all the shopping, business of the high streets or computer screen. Come and join in the shadow of the majestic UNESCO world heritage Conwy Castle on a winters day!
So after a year of mountains, forests, lakes, sun-kissed beaches and some scorching hot running, lets take it easy for the final walk from myself for this year.
We will undertake a slight liner walk from outside of Conwy to get some decent but not high up views of the town and the mountains within Eryri National Park beyond
The walk will be taken at a leisurely pace and finish with a pub. There'll be opportunities to get food whilst in Conwy or the surrounding area.
Conwy is usually pretty busy at this time of the year and should be very festive.
Dogs are welcome to attend
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
Image / photo credits: All leader's own images - with permission for OutdoorLads to use and reuse.
What to bring
This is a leisure walk and as such the kit you need to bring should be suited to walking around town in winter. The weather may be changeable, wet, windy and cold.
I would recommend the following:
- Trainers: comfortable for walking around town
- Waterproof jacket: for keeping you dry if it should rain. It rains occasionally in Wales
- Suitable trousers: Ones that can cope with a little rain if it should be pouring and probably ones that keep you warm. You could always bring a second pair if you feel the need to change for the pub
- Warm clothing: It's winter
- Hat: Because it's winter and nobody likes a cold head
- Snacks: bring biscuits, energy bars, gels, bananas, chocolate or dried fruit for example and put them somewhere easy to get hold of
- And finally...
- Christmas Jumpers: To look your most dashing and complete the Christmas spirit!
Food & drink
We will be walking around town and will finish in Conwy at around lunch time, so you should be able to find something to eat. You may however bring your own packed lunch and any water you wish to consume on the walk.