BOULDERING - MANCHESTER
5 people attending
10 places left
WELCOME BACK TO BOULDERING IN MANCHESTER!!
Yes, we're officially back Bouldering at Rock Over!
As we're all still emerging from Lockdown and respecting social distancing, Rock Over and OutdoorLads are running things a little differently to start with.
Most importantly Rock Over are running a pre-booking system to manage the number of climbers in the centre at any one time - so as well as signing up to this OutdoorLads event page you MUST ALSO pre-book a session through Rock Over's website. Don't forget to add your space at the Concessionary Rate to benefit from the discounted rate OutdoorLads has agreed with the centre. As before, we'd ask that all members sign up through the event page to make sure the event leader has all information of the members attending.
Rock Over's sessions are for three hours starting on the hour - but we appreciate not everyone may want to turn up at the same time - so we're running the event from 5:30 to 9:30 to give you that flexibility - this is the one OutdoorLads event where we don't require you to be on time!!
Please also check out the Centre's Covid-19 update page before attending to understand how they are operating; including limited changing areas, lockers, cafe etc..
Before attending you might wish to consider obtaining the Free NHS Covid-19 Home Testing (Rapid lateral flow) kits, available online, and doing a simple self-test.
I'm new to Bouldering - can I come along? Sadly, not just yet - but we'll be welcoming beginners back soon! Whilst we're still finding our feet, observing social distancing, and for the safety and comfort of our volunteer leaders, we're not able to offer sessions for those who are new to Bouldering just yet - sorry!! However, we love welcoming new climbers and getting you bouldering - and we will (hopefully!) be running beginners sessions again soon, keep an eye on the website, or drop Sieh (Regional Climbing Organiser) a message and we'll let you know when we plan to restart these sessions.
What other Climbing events do OutdoorLads Run? We run regular indoor climbing and bouldering events across the North West - Click here to see all the current events. We also have a private Facebook Group where we post about new events as well as social and other climbing stuff too, feel free to sign up to it!
Photos : Copyright granted to OutdoorLads by Sieh.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- The main symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, a new continuous cough, and a loss or change to your sense of taste and/or smell.
- You may be subject to local lockdown restrictions, which you must fully comply with. Details of the location of these restrictions can be found here for England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- We do not encourage car sharing to events during the pandemic. Please comply with the safety travel guidance for England, Wales, and Scotland. Face coverings should be worn on public transport.
- OutdoorLads will support the tracing systems in place across the UK and attendance at an OutdoorLads event is considered permission to use contact details for this purpose if requested by the appropriate authority.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop. Remember: Face, Hands, Space.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed. Please bring any other PPE items required. Bring a disposable bag for any used PPE.
- Members are advised to bring their own small first aid kit for personal use..
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
What to bring
Hand sanitiser and a face covering: whilst we continue to live with Covid-19, please bring your own to events to help keep everyone safe.
We understand the changing areas are not currently open, to please arrive as ready to climb as is appropriate. We understand lockers are still available, but you'll need your own padlock.
Food & drink
The Centre is hoping to re-open their cafe once again for snacks, hot and cold drinks, but please understand this will have to be "table service" in accordance with guidance, therefore maybe a little different!!