BIGSumC 2019: Pub Paddle
12 people attending
0 places left
1 person waitlisted
This is one of the events organised as part of BIG Summer Camp 2019.
Starting at the hardstanding at Itchenor, we will take a leisurely paddle up to the Crown and Anchor at Dell Quay, this will take approximately 1.5hrs allowing plenty of time to look around and take in the scenery and wildlife the Harbour has to offer.
Once at Dell Quay we will land and take a break for lunch at the pub. Please note that lunch is not included.
After lunch we get to enjoy a leisurely paddle back to Itchenor to end what we believe to be a perfect day out.
A quick reminder that this isn’t a “paddle to the pub to get sloshed” - if the staff feel you’re too intoxicated to continue, they won’t let you back on the water.
IMPORTANT! - Once you've booked, please fill out the information form, which is required by the provider before you can take part in the activity. Course title is "OutdoorLads Pub Paddle" and course date is 25/08/2019. The link to the form is here.
What to bring
- Clothing to paddle in. We recommend old comfortable clothing (leggings or jogging bottoms with microfleece or dry quick tops are ideal - as many layers as you feel you need to stay warm in the conditions). Some people like to wear wetsuits, but we find they can chafe under your arm pits when paddling for any distance.
- Shoes – old trainers will do, but we recommend wetsuit shoes/boots, please no flip flops, or footwear which easily comes off your feet!
- Wind/waterproof outer layer. If you are using a sit on top, consider jacket and trousers, for sit in kayaks only a jacket is typically necessary.
- Complete spare change of clothes for afterwards (remember spare shoes and underwear - it's easy to forget these!)
- Camera! (Make sure it's waterproof. We are unable to take responsibility for your camera or associated equipment)
- Money for the pub!
Food & drink
None provided, but available at the pub - bring some money!
Please be aware that there are no shops in Itchenor. The closest convenience stores are in Birdham (Nisa, or Shell Garage) or East Wittering village (Tesco Express, Co-op and various local shops).