A Week In The Dolomites
6 people attending
6 places left
This trip has now been confirmed as proceeding as planned!
All climbers come here at least once in their life, Reinhold Messner was born here and Corbusier called them the most beautiful buildings in the world. Come and spend a week exploring the spiky towers of Italy's most enchanting mountains.
The walking here is exceptional and we will be tackling the best this region has to offer. Our 6 hiking days will be thrilling, breathtaking, challenging; hard-core mountain days that will take you out of your comfort zone at times. If you have no previous experience of mountain walking, this is probably not the trip for you.
Our adventures are based in the stunning 4* Mountain Design Eden Eco Hotel in the small town of Selva http://www.edenselva.com/en/ where we will enjoy half board in comfy twin rooms (2 sharing). Lunches will be your own responsibility along with any evening entertainments.
Each day there will be a strenuous mountain day-hike on offer - you can come on as many or as few of them as you please. We will explore the Puez Odle National Park, circle the Sassolungo and venture into the central massif, the Sella Group. We'll discover the split personality of the area too (it's not quite sure whether it's Italian or Austrian). And we'll cross the dumpling line.
Selva is in the Val Gardena with easy access to fabulous walking, facilitated by the excellent network of cable cars and buses in the area.
The trip includes 6 full days of guided walking with IML qualified guide Susie Amann, 7 nights in a 4* hotel in twin share rooms, 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners.
What is not included is return flights to Italy, lunches, local transport (eg cable cars), evening entertainment (eg drinks) and travel insurance that covers you for mountain walking.
Cost £1295 per person. This is payable directly to our organiser & guide Susie Amann and not to OutdoorLads. £295 deposit is payable with your booking which will secure your place. The balance will be payable 8 weeks before we leave for Italy. (i.e. Friday 28 June 2019). If the event list is full and you join the waitlist for this event, you will also need to pay a deposit; please also contact John, the leader, by private message.
Bookings and Deposits
The full price of this trip is £1295.
How to book:
1. Please pay a £295 deposit direct to Susie Amann with your surname and initial in order to identify the payment:
- Miss M S AMANN
- Sort Code: 09-01-28
- Account: 71439607
2. Message John Cornley - the OutdoorLads Event Leader, with your full name and email address
3. Book onto the trip on the OutdoorLads site.
On receipt of your deposit, we will send you a confirmation email with more information. Once eight people have paid a deposit the trip will be guaranteed. If you cancel after the trip has been confirmed and bookings have been made in Italy you will lose your deposit. Deposits are fully refundable until the trip is guaranteed.
The small print:
- This trip is being organised as a private arrangement between the participants and Susie Amann, IML, with a minimum of 8 people needed to run the trip.
- Cost calculations have been made with the exchange rates prevailing in November 2018. If there are dramatic changes in the £/Euro exchange rate, there may need to be a supplement.
- Please be aware that it is the booking and your deposit that secures your place on the trip or waiting list, rather than booking onto the trip via the OutdoorLads site, although you must book onto the trip here on the OutdoorLads site too.
- Full trip details including kit lists, airport recommendations and travel tips will be sent out with your booking confirmation, which follows receipt of your deposit. All bookings and deposits must be paid by 31 March 2019. (We suggest you do not book your transport until the trip has been confirmed; if you do so, it will be at your own risk.)
- For clarity; the standard OutdoorLads refunds policy does NOT apply to this trip; instead, the arrangements with the third party provider set out above apply.
A little about Susie
Susie Amann is a qualified International Mountain Leader who has loved journeys in the mountains since she did her first 'expedition' on the Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme aged 14. Since then she has spent 30 years exploring on all five continents and has a taste for deserts as well as mountains. Susie has been leading trekking groups since 2005; in the Alps and Dolomites, as well as the UK and further afield : India, Nepal, Cuba, Jordan, Peru, Bolivia and more. She enjoys learning about the local culture wherever she is, especially food & drink, with cake as a specialist subject.
A little about John
I am a mountain leader in the UK and I'm involved in a small outdoor collective called Rough Edge. I have 11 years experience in OutdoorLads and I love it very much. I am excited to be leading this adventure week on behalf of OutdoorLads, with Susie as our organiser and guide.
What to bring
Further details will be provided upon booking and paying your deposit.
Food & drink
Seven breakfasts and seven dinners are included - you'll be responsible for all other food and drink, including lunches.