Up Warton Crag and around Silverdale
26 people attending
4 places left
Join Stephen on his 3rd walk in the Silverdale area this year. It is about 10.5 miles and in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the edge of the Lake District. There is a bit of a overlap to the one I am doing at the end of April.
The highlights will be
- Ascending Warton Crag with views across Morecambe Bay
- Passing the remains of a Brigante Fort
- Dropping down to the marshes via a woodland path
- Walking past Jenny Brown Point and Jack Scout
- Meandering through Silverdale
- Crossing the golf course
- Walking through the RSPB reserve at Leighton Moss
- Ascending up the hill to Deepdale Pond.
- Walking along through the Woodlands
- Finishing the walk at a pub in Warton for some well earned post walk drinks
There is a bit of walking on uneven terrain, so would advise you wear sturdy boots .
What to bring
Bring waterproofs and sturdy boots and will be walking on uneven terrain. For some may recommend walking poles due to some uneven terrain.
Food & drink
Bring food for lunch and water