Skye Activity Week (Wed) - Optional accommodation
25 people attending
20 places left
During these five days in which you can pick and choose your attendance as you like, we are bringing together members of our group in one location were we will do a number of different activities in the day and socialise in the evenings.
The activities will depend on which leaders attend and the weather at the time but we already have walks and climbing / scrambling lined up with more activities to follow as other leaders sign up. I've done similar events which have had several other leaders attend and every day we did things which catered for most people. More information will follow nearer to the time but many of you probably will need to start thinking about your holiday dates for next year hence the early posting.
I'll be staying at the Sligachan Campsite from the Tuesday afternoon which is an ideal base to explore the island and the Cuillins.
- Wednesday https://tinyurl.com/yy45hruh
- Thursday https://tinyurl.com/y6c65tkn
- Friday https://tinyurl.com/y2f8fhft
- Saturday https://tinyurl.com/y47gmsvp
- Sunday https://tinyurl.com/yxksgukj
Bryan Cosgrove, adventure photographer & James Watson
What to bring
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good mountain foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seas
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)
At the end of the day if people are up for it we’ll have a drink if everyone’s up for it!