POSTPONED - Penmachno MTB
4 people attending
6 places left
Penmachno is one of the the more natural feeling mountain biking circuits in Great Britain. This day ride is only suitable for experienced mountain bikers on good mountain bikes. (Not suitable for beginners or hybrid bikes, sorry!)
The car park where we will be meeting is most easily found by searching for "Penmachno mountain biking" on Google maps, which accurately displays its location. (The post code is not very precise).
Over the same weekend there will also be some events taking place nearby depending on availability of leaders. Current arranged activities are: -
- Saturday - road cycle - Penmachno to Bala loop
- Saturday - Social - Saturday Evening
- Sunday - mountain biking - Marin trail
- Sunday - road cycle - Llanrwst to Abergele loop
There should hopefully be a couple of walks too.
What to bring
Apart from your bike remember the following:.
- Spare inner tube and tyre levers. Also any special tools that your bike needs.
- Food - bring lunch and small snacks such as chocolate bars and energy foods.
- Plenty of water (minimum 2lts)
- Eye protection - impact from a bee, grit or even a fly at speed is extremely unpleasant, sunglasses may do if not made of glass and not too shaded.
- Clothing: choose suitable clothes and footwear for the weather forecast and time of year. You will be exercising so lightweight layered clothing is best. Shorts are best even in rain, as they allow free movement of your legs. Jeans are useless if it rains but tracksuit bottoms need to be not too baggy or they may snag in the chain and cause an accident. You'll need trainers or similar with grippy soles for standard pedals.
- Cyclist's Helmet - Outdoorlads policy asks you to wear a helmet on events, however a full face helmet and pads are recommended..
- Bag you will need a small day-sack to carry essential clothing, water and an emergency snack.
Food & drink
We will be stopping for lunch en route. Please bring your own packed lunch as there are no shops or cafes. Bring plenty of water and snacks.