Midweek Walk - Ingleton Waterfalls & White Star Cave
10 people attending
20 places left
We'll be visiting two iconic locations in the Yorkshire Dales: first the Ingleton Waterfall Train which is a 4.3 mile walk around several large waterfalls in a site of SSSI. After the relatively short walk we'll head over to the White Star Caves which is the UK's longest show cave and takes around 80 minutes.
- Trail costs £7.00
- Cave costs £10.75
I'm pretty sure both locations have a free car park
What to bring
It will probably be cold, make sure you have warm clothes
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good Mountain Foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seas
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)
At the end of the day if people are up for it we’ll have a drink if everyone’s up for it!