Midweek Day Walk - Pendle Hill - Lancashire Witches
30 people attending
0 places left
6 people waitlisted
Relatively short walk of around 7 miles but we'll be talking in some of the history of the Pendle area and it's connections to the Pendle Witches on this Halloween Thursday Day Walk!
I would imagine the car parks will be busy on this day so ensure you get there early enough to find alternatives.
The picturesque villages nestled in the shadows of the infamous Pendle Hill have a dark history of intrigue and witchcraft. The route starts at the Pendle Heritage Centre and follows the route the Pendle Witches took through the Ribble Valley to Lancaster Castle where they stood trial.
What to bring
Recommended Kit List
• Rucksack (with a plastic liner bag or cover)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Walking boots and socks
• Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Fleece mid layer
• Walking trousers
• Hat and gloves
• Lunch and drink
• Small torch
• Spare food
• Spare warm layer
• Sunglasses and sun cream (if that time of year!)
• Extra thermal leggings and top (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
• Thermos flask
• Trekking poles
• Personal first aid and medication
• Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
Food & drink
You’ll need to bring lunch with you and snacks to keep the energy up. Don't forget to eat breakfast!! :)
Make sure you have plenty of water & fluids. A flask of something hot is always good on a cold day.
Good Mountain Foods
• Chocolate of course!
• Sunflower seeds
• Nuts & dried fruit
• Energy bars (especially the ones with oats)