Micro Event: Through the Greenwich Tunnel!
6 people attending
0 places left
2 people waitlisted
Join our small group for a leisure walk across the Isle of Dogs, stopping at Mudchute City Farm, walking through the historic Greenwich Tunnel, visiting the famous Cutty Sark and beautiful Greenwich Village and Park.
Micro Events – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop.
- Please join events within around one hour’s travel from your home, rather than travelling longer distances to get there.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Public transport use to the start point is discouraged, as this is a non-essential journey. No car sharing to the start point unfortunately either.
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice.
- Each person can only attend one OutdoorLads micro event a week. (Leaders to leave at least three days between events they lead.)
- On walks, one person to hold open gates and allow everyone to walk through – so minimising surfaces that multiple people touch.
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
Micro Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads micro event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our micro events.
What to bring
No specific kit is needed. Bring a towel or bag to sit on for Greenwich Park, snacks, water.
Please wear comfortable shoes and layered clothing to adjust to the weather as needed.
Food & drink
Please bring snacks and plenty of hydration.
Bring a towel or bag to sit on for Greenwich Park if you like.