Late Summer Weekend on the Isle of Wight
7 people attending
13 places left
A weekend away on the Isle of Wight.
Come and join us on the beautiful Isle of Wight for a hopefully great late summer weekend. Our camp site for the weekend is only a 15 minute walk from the beautiful Compton Bay facing south out over the channel.
On Friday night once you have arrived, set up and cooked dinner, we'll take a walk down into the beach for the sunset.
On Saturday we'll be doing a full day walk around Isle of Wight's AONB and along the scenic coast. In the evening, as we're only a 5-minute drive into town, we'll aim to have dinner in the pub.
On Sunday after we pack up there'll be a chance to do a range of short activities between people's return boat trips.
Travel details to the island are further down the event page.
Photos: Photos are property of OutdoorLads, except beach view and tent field, which are the property of the campsite and used with permission.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- This event takes place after 21 June 2021, which is currently the earliest date by which the Government hopes that we will have entered Step 4 of the Roadmap out of lockdown. At step 4, the Government hopes to have removed all legal limits on social contact.
- It is possible that Step 4 takes place at a date later than 21 June 2021 and could affect this event. We will review the situation as things change and will advise members signed up to the event if there are changes necessary to ensure compliance with restrictions in place at the time of the event.
- If the event is unable to proceed sue to Covid-19 restrictions, a replacement date will be offered, or a full refund.
- We must all remember that COVID-19 remains a part of our lives. We are going to have to keep living our lives differently to keep ourselves and others safe. We must carry on with ‘hands, face, space’. Comply with the COVID-Secure measures that remain in place. Meet outdoors when we can and keep letting fresh air in. Get tested when needed. Get vaccinated when offered. If we all continue to play our part, we will be that bit closer to a future that is more familiar.
What to bring
Standard camping equipment for the weekend. For the day walk, please make sure you have suitable walking boots, a rucksack, waterproofs and water.
Hand sanitiser and a face covering: whilst we are living with Covid-19, please bring your own to events to help keep everyone safe
Tent: make sure you know how to pitch it, even in bad weather or in the dark. Check you have all the poles, ropes and pegs. A 3 season tent is the minimum recommended level of protection.
Sleeping bag: one that provides adequate warmth, designed to go below the temperature that you expect
Sleeping mat: will keep you warmer and dryer
Waterproof bags: for spare, dry clothing
Food: search online for camping food that’s easy to cook and filling
Hot drinks: at least in cold weather
Cooking Equipment: check you have fuel and know how yours works
Eating equipment: mug, bowl or plate and cutlery
Washing up equipment: detergent, brush/scourer and tea towel
Wash kit: remember to include a towel, shower gel and shampoo
Torch: or easier still, a head torch
Food & drink
Please make sure to bring along food for Friday evening, Saturday morning and a packed lunch for the day walk. We will try to find a pub for dinner on Saturday evening but you are welcome to stay on the campsite and cook there.