A Gay Day on Blackpool Promenade
5 people attending
5 places left
Join OutdoorLads for Friday fun and frolics along the Golden Mile.
Starting outside the Velvet Coaster (South Pier), we will walk up towards Bispham/North Pier and back.
We will stop off for lunch on the return journey subject to Covid limitations/regulations.
There will also be time for photo opportunities and to have a look around.
This is a dog friendly walk so please bring your pooches along. The more the merrier !!
Relaxed walk. Approximately 8 miles. Flat.
Your First OutdoorLads Walk Event?
We know that new members in particular like to know in advance more about what an OutdoorLads event will be like.
If this is your first OutdoorLads event, you should check out the information designed specifically for you on the My First Event page on the OutdoorLads website.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed.
- Each person should only attend one OutdoorLads event a week. (Leaders excepted on events if they are leading.)
- On walks, one person to hold open gates and allow everyone to walk through – so minimising surfaces that multiple people touch.
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
COVID-19: Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our events.
(The event photos are the leader's own)
What to bring
Depending on the weather, you may need your waterproofs or sun-cream. A weather forecast will be distributed nearer the time.
Boots: Breathable walking shoes. Preferably waterproof for any wet/muddy areas.
Waterproof jacket: essential when hiking in all but the calmest of weather, breathable fabrics are more comfortable and drier
Socks: A good walking sock to protect your feet
Layered clothing: Interchangeable base and mid-layer/outer layer recommended for this time of year
Trousers: A pair of walking trousers over jeans and shorts etc. due to changes in weather and consider a breathable fabric where possible.
Gloves: Windproof, or better still, waterproof gloves are the best choice, bring a spare pair if expecting rain
Walking pole/s if preferred
Medication if necessary
You may wish to bring along your camera to take some snaps of this beautiful area.
Food & drink
We will be stopping off for lunch on the way back, (if we can).
Please bring your own hot drinks/lunch etc.
There will be plenty of opportunities to purchase drinks/meals etc.