Five Days Under Ben Alder by Canoe.
5 people attending
7 places left
This is a wild and remote Scottish expedition over 5 days. We are canoeing along Loch Ericht to its south western shores, where we will set up our base camp. Surrounding us there are no fewer than 5 breathtaking remote munros and a haunted bothy…
Once we have set up camp, the days are ours to explore the mountains, working with the weather to create opportunities for both shorter and longer days of mountain walking. (We will try to provide two options per day).
Of course, there will also be the chance to potter about in the canoes - we may even catch a fish for supper.
This adventure is in one of the most remote wilderness areas in the UK and your two instructors (one of whom is me) are both part of the experienced outdoor collective Rough Edge.
You will need your own robust outdoor gear to take part in this trip, but we will provide a comprehensive kit list once you have signed up, helping you best prepare. We are also always on hand to advise if you have other questions.
Rough Edge will provide: Expedition tents (2 sharing), roll mats, camping stoves, canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids & dry bags and all your food for the trip.
Once we depart on this expedition you should expect to have no phone signal at all. Please do not take part if you can't manage that.
The trip is provided by outdoor collective Rough Edge, of which I am part. Your other instructor will be Ed, who has worldwide expedition and survival expertise. You will be in the safest of hands.
Cost £475 per person. This is payable directly to me as organiser on behalf of Rough Edge and not to OutdoorLads. £175 deposit is payable with your booking which will secure your place. The group size is a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12. Should we not reach the minimum number of 8 people necessary for this trip to run, I will refund your £175 in full (the cut-off date for this is 31 March). The balance will be payable 8 weeks before the trip (i.e. Thursday 18 April 2019). If the event list is full and you join the waitlist for this event, you will also need to pay a deposit; please also contact me by private message.
Bookings and Deposits
The full price of this trip is £475
How to book:
1. Please pay a £175 deposit direct to me (on behalf of Rough Edge) with your surname and initial in order to identify the payment:
- J Cornley
- Sort Code: 07-08-06
- Account: 00051494
2. Message me on OutdoorLads with your full name and email address
3. Book onto the trip on the OutdoorLads site.
When I receive your deposit, I will send you a confirmation email with more information. Once eight people have paid a deposit the trip will be guaranteed. If you cancel after the trip has been confirmed and bookings have been made you will lose your deposit. Deposits are fully refundable until the trip is guaranteed and bookings are made.
The small print:
- This trip is being organised as a private arrangement between the participants and John Cornley representing Rough Edge with a minimum of 8 people needed to run the trip.
- Please be aware that it is the booking and your deposit that secures your place on the trip or waiting list, rather than booking onto the trip via the OutdoorLads site, although you must book onto the trip here on the OutdoorLads site too.
- Full trip details including kit lists, train recommendations and travel tips will be sent out with your booking confirmation, which follows receipt of your deposit. All bookings and deposits must be paid by 31 March 2019. (We suggest you do not book your transport until the trip has been confirmed; if you do so, it will be at your own risk.)
- For clarity; the standard OutdoorLads refunds policy does NOT apply to this trip; instead, the arrangements with the third party provider set out above apply.
A little about Ed
Ed is a fantastic, patient, brave and talented outdoor instructor with an extraordinary level of survival expertise. he has served in the military in both Afganistan and in Iraq, he has taken part in climbing, canoeing and hiking expeditions in Scotland and beyond. Ed is also an expert on sports nutrition and an ace camping chef.
A little about John
I am a mountain leader in the UK and I'm involved in a small outdoor collective called Rough Edge. I have 11 years experience in OutdoorLads and I love it very much. I am excited to be leading this remote Scottish adventure week as representative from Rough Edge on behalf of OutdoorLads, with Ed as our second instructor.
What to bring
We will provide expedition tents (2 sharing), roll mats, stoves, canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids, & dry bags.
A fully detailed personal kit list will follow your booking.
Food & drink
We will be providing enough food for the entire trip, namely 5 hot breakfasts, 5 packed lunches & 5 hot dinners.
Please feel free to bring all your favourite outdoor snacks and treats. Any drinks you choose to bring are up to you. Please note that we will not permit you to drink alcohol during daytime activities with us, either on the water or in the hill.