Coastal stroll: Southwick to Brighton
8 people attending
4 places left
Southwick to Brighton Seashore afternoon walk
Well why not join us for a late afternoon stroll on Easter Monday.
We willl be following the seashore all the way towards Brighton, leaving Southwick station and making our way down to the coastal line.
Once heading into Brighton we will be able to sit on the beach with either fish & chips or your own snack, weather permitting.
This is a 4-mile linear walk and will end in Brighton.
Remember if you’re coming by car and parking at Southwick you will have to take public transport back to Southwick.
Southwick is served by direct trains from Portsmouth, Brighton and London Victoria.
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete the Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this participation once, not for each event.
Micro Events – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- All are required to practice social distancing – staying 2m (not 1m) apart at all times, including the lunch stop.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be any planned pub / café stops en route or at the end, and please don’t share sweets or snacks with others – we’re sorry!
- Please bring your own hand sanitising gel for your own use throughout the day. Use of face coverings is at your own choice, but please bring one with you just in case it's needed.
- Each person can only attend one OutdoorLads micro event a week. (Leaders to leave at least three days between events they lead.)
- On walks, one person to hold open gates and allow everyone to walk through – so minimising surfaces that multiple people touch.
- Be aware that opportunities for toilet stops may be minimal if facilities are closed.
- Please, please cancel at your earliest opportunity if you are unable to attend or are unwell, so that we can allow others to take up these valuable event spaces.
- Much as it's difficult - no handshakes or hugs!
Micro Events Participation Statement
OutdoorLads draws your attention to the fact that travelling and being away from home increases the risk of receiving and transmitting Coronavirus, whilst it is present in the UK. You are likely to choose not to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst there is a risk of Coronavirus transmission. However, should you choose to participate in OutdoorLads events whilst the risk is present, you must be aware of and follow the law and government guidelines, both when travelling to and from events as well as when participating in events.
Please note that every person participating should be aware of (and accept) that those members perceived as ‘in charge’ or leading the event are not experts, do not need to be experts, and are not regarded by OutdoorLads, or themselves as experts, but are amateurs with some experience in the event type and who are happy to impart their knowledge. Any advice given should be considered with this in mind by the recipient.
By signing up to and attending an OutdoorLads micro event, you are confirming that you have read, understood and accept the content of this statement.
Please see our website for more information including an FAQ about our micro events.
Photo credits to martiebear
Food & drink
You can Purchase Fish and Chips in Brighton or bring a Snack