From a Brief Encounter to Bare and back Day Walk
30 people attending
0 places left
13 people waitlisted
Bet the name of the walk got your attention!
Join Stephen on an easy 11 mile walk starting from the town that the 1940s classic Brief Encounter was filmed - namely Carnforth in Lancashire
Highlights of the walk will be -
- Strolling down the Lancaster Canal passing by some very nice properties and villages en route
- Views across Morecambe Bay to the Lakeland Fells
- Walking through Happy Mount Park in the suburb of Bare in Morecambe (I couldn't make it up!)
- Picking up the Lancashire Coastal Path then head back up the coast
- In many places walking on the beach (checked and the tide will be out)
- More views across Morecambe Bay
- Finishing in Carnforth and if we get back in time we could visit the Brief Encounter experience
- Post walk drinks at one of the pubs in Carnforth
If you have Ordnance Survey Maps on your phone, search for Carnforth, find the railway station and find the walk called ODL ST Carnforth and track the walk on the day if you fancy.
What to bring
Bring waterproofs and ensure you have warm clothing as we will be walking on the coast and could be cold.
Food & drink
Bring a packed lunch, warm drinks and plenty of water.